Father’s Day 2011

Monday, June 20, 2011


Sophia is very lucky to have such a wonderful guy for her dad.  Earlier this week I read this quote and it reminded me SO much of Dan and Sophia…

He grows with her, learning as they go.  He feels with her—each restlessness, each fear, each pain. She laughs and he is overjoyed. She reaches out her little arms to him and he rejoices. She sleeps on his shoulder and he does not move her, for fear of waking her….All disappointments, all failures fade like a mist before this golden girl. His daughter.  


                     -  Pam Brown

 

We had a lot of fun together this weekend.  There was time at the park, where Dan reconnected with his inner child on the swing.

DSCN2880 DSCN2881 DSCN2882

Sunday, we went out for pizza after church – so much fun. 

DSCN2890 DSCN2891 DSCN2892 DSCN2893



Father-daughter bonding time – a must on Father’s day.  Sophia even made his day by sitting on his lap for a bit and watching golf. 

DSCN2894

Later, there was a little shopping – they both needed new shoes – and some frozen yogurt.

DSCN2898



All in all a great Father’s Day.  We’re so lucky to have a bunch of great dad’s in our lives.  Sophia has two wonderful “Bapas” that she adores – one she saw at home on Sunday and we’re off to visit my dad to celebrate next weekend.  Happy, Happy Father’s Day, just one day late, to my fabulous dad.  A father and daughter bond is so unique and special - I’m so glad Sophia’s just as lucky to have Dan as I have been to have my dad.

1 comments:

Erica said...

I am really jealous to see that you were at Solos. I would like to give you a mission to recreate their pizza at home and then teach me how to do it.

About This Blog

August 15, 2009 we were blessed with our beautiful baby girl. This is us, shouting to the world, how amazing and wonderful she is!

Picture

Lorem Ipsum

Hit Counters

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP