How long is your To-Do list?

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I feel like I have an endless to do list.  Maybe everyone does.  Here is just part of mine this summer:

to do... 


And the list goes on and on.  Not to mention that I’m still having fun sewing and making cute things for Sophia.  I even have a pattern and fabric ready for a dress for the baby.  Imagine that – now I can sew for two cutie pies!

I found a blog called Shwin and Shwin – Sister Who Create.  One of the sisters sews like mad and can literally make anything for her daughter.  her patterns are a tiny bit hard to follow for someone who is so Type A (shocking, right), because she just patterns what she' makes off of a shirt or pants that currently fit her daughter, but I took a shot at one of them last week and it was actually pretty simple!

Here is her original":



Click on the image above (or any of the images from their website below) to find the patterns I am referencing.


Here’s how Sophia’s turned out:
DSCN2892

Not bad.  The insides aren’t very clean, as there aren’t instructions to hem in the inside seams, but I think I’d do that next time.  It literally took a half an hour (Well, if you don’t count the time it took to rip out the seam for the elastic and re-do it. It was WAY to big for my skinny miss!)

Here is the example she has for the dress for baby:



 

And here is the next project for Sophia.  It’s SO cute – I love the entire thing, so I’m copying it completely, color and all.  I can’t wait for this one. 



No wonder my To-Do list is so long and incomplete – I keep getting distracted by projects that are a little bit more fun. 

All this creating has me thinking.  What if what I’m planning on going to school for (okay, back to school for) is something I will enjoy and be happy in, but not what I’m passionate about?  What if I need to be creating to be happy?  Ah!  I hate deciding what to be when I grow up, because I’m pretty sure (at least some of the time) that I am grown up so I should probably nail down exactly what I will be doing at some point, right?

I’m helping a friend redesign her blog and I’m having a BLAST creating blog headers and playing around with colors and patterns!  I looked into graphic design at one point and now Dan’s encouraging it again.  Who knows.  You can always have a fun business on the side, right?  :)  Thankfully, my parents were examples of changing careers and being happy and satisfied in doing so.  I’m fortunate to have that as an example, because I’m

pretty sure positive

I’m just not the Have-one-job-for-the-rest-of-your-life kind of girl.

3 comments:

Johnsaib said...

Awesome Post, Thanks for sharing this article.
Baby Boy Clothes in Pakistan

Muslim Rose Welfare said...

Donate Sadaqah Online to Muslims charity through Muslim Rose Today to help extremely poor people around the world. Your online sadaqah can help those less fortunate. So we can donate zakat online with the help of Muslim rose welfare organization. Your zakat donations can help those less fortunate

About This Blog

August 15, 2009 we were blessed with our beautiful baby girl. This is us, shouting to the world, how amazing and wonderful she is!

Picture

Lorem Ipsum

Hit Counters

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP