Projects to be put off…

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I’m having SUCH a problem getting distracted with projects, projects and more projects!  I’m coming up on the last two weeks of my Nursing Assistant class and I need to get cracking on studying the “skills” so that I can pass my state exam.  There is a written exam and then you get tested on five skills and if you miss any part of any of those five skills, you automatically fail the entire test.  No thank you!  We’ve got one more week of class and then a weekend of clinicals, which should be interesting.   

I’ve been spending a LOT more time with my sewing books than I have with my textbook, and lay most of the blame on THIS particular book:
DSCN2797

Oliver + S – Little Things to Sew.  Really cute patterns and very simple and easy to follow instructions.  They also have a nice website and blog (click on the photo of the book to follow the link), and the blog has a handful of cute and FREE to print patterns.  Most of their styling is a modern take on old-fashioned children’s clothes and accessories.

Sophia will be moving into her toddler bed around the time of her birthday and I’m working on a quilt and coordinating pillow for her.  It’s all I can do to ignore all this fabric – I can’t wait to get started!  By the way – this pile of goods, plus a pillow form only cost me $9.68!!  I love JoAnn’s!  DSCN2792  


I also have a few projects in the works for some friends.  My good friend, Erica, and her family are moving to Arizona at the end of the month (I’m super bummed!) and I’m going to cover a pillow for their new home. 

I’m also in the middle of two more of those American Girl dresses for Traci’s daughter, Aspen.  Can you guess what her favorite colors are??
DSCN2795 

All I want to do right now, despite the nicer weather we’ve been having, is hide in the basement with my fabric and the sewing machine.  For the next two weeks, I will have to reign it in a bit, though, because you actually have to pay for your certification exam to be a nursing assistant, and I plan on only paying for that ONCE!  This will definitely be a test of my ability to focus - cross your fingers!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It is addicting...isn't it? Good work girlie!

About This Blog

August 15, 2009 we were blessed with our beautiful baby girl. This is us, shouting to the world, how amazing and wonderful she is!

Picture

Lorem Ipsum

Hit Counters

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP