It just so happened…

Thursday, April 28, 2011

 

 

 


One of my favorite kids is turning SIX today!  I can’t believe it and it makes me a little sad.  We got to meet Evie on her birthday in the hospital and it’s unbelievable that six years have passed since that day.  It makes me want to freeze Sophia because I know I will turn around and she will suddenly be six years old just as quickly.

Anyway…I happen to be a bit obsessed with making things these days (anything baking or fabric related, especially).  I also happened to have some coordinating red and cherry print fabrics.  It' also happens that I have a very cute tea party dress pattern for an 18 inch doll.  And, you guessed it, my little friend Ev happens to have an American girl, and they happen to be 18 inches tall.  Nice coincidence.

When I finished Sophia’s Easter dress, I felt the need to keep on sewing (I think this is how I’m interpreting pregnancy nesting this time around).  So, I whipped this little gem up and couldn’t be happier with how easy and quick it was, and it ended up being pretty cute. 

DSCN2724 DSCN2728

While Evie was at school on Tuesday, I snuck into her doll wardrobe and set up an early birthday surprise for her. 

DSCN2729 


What a relief!  It probably cost about $4 to make, which means that if Sophia happens to get an American girl doll someday, we won’t be stuck paying $24-$40+ for each outfit.  Thank goodness!!

Next project:  My youngest brother is turning 20 on Sunday and has requested a cake in the shape of Wrigley Field.  Yeah, right!!  No way am I attempting that, but I do have an idea that I think he’ll end up liking.  You’ve heard of Red Velvet, but did you know you can do Blue Velvet Cake?  Stay tuned…

0 comments:

About This Blog

August 15, 2009 we were blessed with our beautiful baby girl. This is us, shouting to the world, how amazing and wonderful she is!

Picture

Lorem Ipsum

Hit Counters

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP