Meet Evelyn

Friday, March 11, 2011


Evelyn Inchworm that is.  Isn’t she darling? 


DSCN2543

And she is sitting on my newest fun book.  I got this book about a month ago (for 50% off at JoAnn Fabrics - gotta love those weekly coupons!).  I was on this blog.  This woman just had a third baby and I saw that she had made these cute homemade dolls for her daughter’s “big sib” kits for when they met their baby brother in the hospital. 



They are SO cute and I loved the idea of Sophia being celebrated as a big sister while we’re celebrating her new baby sibling, so I set off on a mission to find a pattern for a doll as similar as possible that I could make for her. 

I found this book by Hillary Lang and it’s full of super cute projects – dolls, animals and all kinds of fun things.  You can check out her fun website here.

 DSCN2540

The first project in the book is called Evelyn Inchworm.  It’s that cute green worm with eyeglasses.  Since my little friend Evie is a major bookworm, it seemed perfect for her! 


And what’s a bookworm without a book?  I put a crude little book together for her too.  It’s not amazing, but Ev won’t care.  :)  The only thing I’d change about this little Evelyn, would be to use white buttons for eyes instead of black.  I think they get lost behind her glasses.  

DSCN2542

My favorite thing about the projects in this book is that you can do them pretty much anywhere.  Most of the sewing is by hand, with a little of it done my machine, so you can take your project with you wherever you go.  I love this especially, because I’m not stuck in a corner with a sewing machine (fun to do the project, but not to be isolated), and can do this in front of the TV or wherever.  The inchworm was a great starting point too.  Now, I can get started on a cute little doll for Miss Soph!

0 comments:

About This Blog

August 15, 2009 we were blessed with our beautiful baby girl. This is us, shouting to the world, how amazing and wonderful she is!

Picture

Lorem Ipsum

Hit Counters

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP