How do you unwind?

Friday, March 4, 2011


There are many different things I can do to unwind when I feel stressed, or when I just want to do something that’s solely about making me happy.  Sometimes I run, lately I take tell Sophia that Mommy needs a time-out and leave Daddy in charge for five minutes.  I also l-o-v-e to bake.  It makes me happy.  Even if I don’t eat it, because sometimes I like to make things for fun, even if it’s not something I like to eat (like pumpkin pie – love to make it, but I REFUSE to eat it!).

Yesterday, I was browsing one of my new favorite blogs (you can check it out here:  Sweetapolita), and was inspired to make a chocolate cake.  I plan to try to make one of her amazing, very tall, six layer cakes at some point – like this one:



But, last night was not the time, so I ended up this Easy Chocolate Cake from Martha Stewart’s website.

Start with this:

  DSCN2524

  
End up with this:

DSCN2525

I splurged on Vanilla Bean Gelato and it was worth it – SO SO good!!


And, since, technically, the blog IS named for her (at least for now)  here’s a picture of Sophia.  I usually carry her into stores – keeps shoes clean, it’s faster, etc., but yesterday I let her walk into a bookstore.  Mostly because we had to park a block and a half away, so I didn’t want to carry her.  She had so much fun crunching the snow with her toes!



DSCN2522

0 comments:

About This Blog

August 15, 2009 we were blessed with our beautiful baby girl. This is us, shouting to the world, how amazing and wonderful she is!

Picture

Lorem Ipsum

Hit Counters

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP